• Region II

Video of Workplace Fire in NY


FYI – A recent local news article includes video of a fatal workplace fire in Orange County, New York. The video shows an employee wiping down a container when a fireball ignited. The article states that investigators think static electricity ignited a flammable liquid.

http://westchester.news12.com/story/36958396/video-shows-verla-international-cosmetics-explosion

The video is a rare recording of a fire apparently caused by static electricity. If your site handles flammable liquids, this video may help to demonstrate the hazards to employees during upcoming safety talks or employee safety training.


#Workplace #WorkplaceSafety #WorkplaceFire #FirePrevention #FireSafety #Explosion #2017 #Hazard #StaticElectricity #Flammable #FlammableLiquids #SafetyTalk #SafetyTraining #SafetyAwareness

6 views
VPPPA Region 2

Questions, suggestions or comments please contact us at:

Email: info@vppparegion2.org  

Phone: 518-747-2390, ext. 217;  518-361-3673

 

 

 

 

 

© 2016 by VPPPA Region II. Proudly created with Wix.com

  • Facebook
  • Instagram